Policies and Procedures
(Last Updated: December 16, 2013)
Maverick Digital Media Limited is serious about protecting your online privacy. This Privacy Statement explains our views and practices concerning privacy, and how they may pertain to you as a user of our website.
“You” or “Your” means you as a participant in or as a user of the this website. “We” or “Our” or “Us” means Maverick Digital Media Limited. “Our site” means Maverick Digital Media Limited.
Your privacy and the safety of your data is really important to us, and we’re committed to using the information we collect in a fair and transparent way. We want to help, and we don’t want to be a nuisance.
- When you browse our site, we collect some anonymous information using cookies and Google Analytics. This information can’t be linked back to you. We use this information to optimise our site and provide a better experience.
- When you buy from us or sign up to receive news and offers, we ask you to provide some personal information, which you can refuse if you like. We do this to make sure we provide the best service. We also use the information you give us to send you offers, information and the odd gift we think you might be interested in.
- You can unsubscribe from anything we send to you and/or ask to be removed from our database completely any time you like.
- We only share information with third parties when it’s absolutely necessary or you’ve specifically requested it. One example might be passing your contact details on to one of our partners when you’ve told us you’d like to speak to them about one of their courses.
- We comply with all relevant legislation about data capture and best practice, like the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998.
Anonymous information – when you browse our site
What do we collect?
Generally the only data we’ll collect is anonymous, aggregated information about how you use our site. This includes things like pages viewed and pages that caused people to leave. Because this information is aggregated, we can’t match it back to any one person in particular, and we can’t match it to your personal information if you choose to provide it.
How do we collect it?
Read more about Google Analytics here.
Why do we do it and what do we do with it?
We collect this information to create measurable, statistical reports on our website activity. This lets us see which areas of our site people are most interested in, and helps us identify areas for improvement. It’s a vital part of making sure everyone visiting us online gets the best possible experience.
Do you share it?
We only share our website usage information with Google.
Can I opt out?
Personal – when you book with us or buy something
What do we collect?
We only collect personal data when you specifically opt-in to it, by buying from us or signing up to our email offers. It’s usually things like your name, email address or areas of interest.
If you buy something with us online and choose to use a credit card, we’ll ask for your card details in order to process the payment. This happens in a secure area of our site that adheres to all ecommerce legislation. We don’t store any of your sensitive credit card information after your purchase.
How do we collect it?
Any time we want to ask for some personal information, we’ll do so through a clearly labelled form.
Why do we do it and what do we do with it?
We collect this information so we can provide you with the services you’ve asked for. For example, if you want to sign up to be informed about our latest offers by email, we’re going to need your email address.
If you’re booking a course with us, we’ll collect information to give you the best possible experience. It can be a little awkward if you turn up to attend your course and we don’t know your name!
We also use your information you provide to send you marketing information we think you might be interested in – like email offers, competitions, surveys and newsletters. Whether we do this by post, email or telephone is up to you and can be changed at any time.
Do you share it?
We don’t share your personal information with other organisations unless you specifically ask us to. For example, if you wanted to book a CIM course with us, we would need to give CIM your information.
We might sometimes contact you on behalf of one of our partners if we think it’s relevant – for example, if the ASTD asked us to send out a survey to our database. But we won’t give your information to them, we’ll just pass on the message if we think it’s relevant.
Can I opt out?
Yes. You can opt out from any of our communications at any time. All of our emails include the option to unsubscribe. If you’d like to stop receiving post, just call us on 01614080045 or email contactATmaverickdidgitalmediaDOTcoDOTuk (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
What if something changes?
If our policy changes we’ll update this page. If it’s a big change then we’ll also announce it on our site and/or via email.
Thanks for reading. If you’ve got any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
All information transmitted, printed or otherwise submitted to Maverick Digital Media Limited via this website shall be deemed to be the property of Maverick Digital Media Limited and Maverick Digital Media Limited shall be free to use such information for any lawful purpose as detailed herein.
This site contains links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
We reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with the law.
Section 1: Collected Information
We automatically collect and/or track the following:
1. Web page http headers (home server domain names, IP address, type of client computer, and type of Web browser);
2. information knowingly provided by you through on-line forms, registration forms, surveys, and/or other entries, such as email addresses, personal, financial or demographic information;
3. information, user specific or aggregate, on what pages our visitors access; and
4. E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with Maverick Digital Media Limited via e-mail.
Section 2: Use of Data Collected
We use your personal, demographic and profile data to enhance your experience at our site and to enable us to present content we think you might be interested in. We use your contact information to send you information about our company and promotional material from our partners. We may also use your personal, demographic and profile data to improve our site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers. Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future telemarketing, SMS text-messaging, e-mails or postal mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and/or status of orders placed online. By using this site, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner contemplated in this section even if your number is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
Section 3: Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
If you choose to provide personal information, it will be used for the following purposes:
1. considering you for a Maverick Digital Media Limited product;
2. as required by law; and
3. for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest. We reserve the right to share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data we collect to third parties. Any third party we share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data to will be prescreened by us, determined by us to be reputable, and will use the personal data for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest.
Section 4: Your Opt-Out Rights
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or our partners by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used by us to send promotional correspondence to you. You can remove your information from our marketing lists by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send you.
Section 5: We Do Not Intend to Collect Data from Children
The information and services provided to us or our affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers are not intended to be viewed by children (under 18 years old). No information collected from children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside Maverick Digital Media Limited. No part of Maverick Digital Media Limited’s web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 18.
Section 6: Our Right to Contact You
Section 7: Our Right to Change
Section 8: Our Contact Information
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via email sent to: contactATmaverickdidgitalmediaDOTcoDOTuk (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Section 9: Anti Spam Policy. Can-Spam Act Compliance
Maverick Digital Media Limited is dedicated to ensuring compliance with the ‘Can-Spam Act’, which took effect January 1, 2004. You may receive email from Maverick Digital Media Limited in the following circumstances:
1. Acknowledging your application has been received and requesting additional action
2. Requests for additional information to support your current application
3. Response to your inquiries regarding the status of your transactional requests
4. Thanking you for your valued business
5. Advertisements for our products, services, changes in services, new product availability
6. Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to our customers
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, Maverick Digital Media Limited has implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
1. All emails sent to you by Maverick Digital Media Limited or its brands will clearly identify Maverick Digital Media Limited or its brands as the sender.
2. The Subject Line of any email you receive will always accurately describe the subject matter of the email.
3. Any email from Maverick Digital Media Limited will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages.
4. Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from ALL lists at Maverick Digital Media Limited; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of a current product.
5. All emails sent to you directly by Maverick Digital Media Limited include valid postal address information in the footer.
6. All third party marketing partners are required to comply with the Can-Spam Act.
7. Emails sent to you directly by Maverick Digital Media Limited will include an email address and physical address where you can send suggestions, complaints or other correspondence.
Section 10: Information for ISPs
Web site: Maverick Digital Media Limited
Email Address: contactATmaverickdidgitalmediaDOTcoDOTuk
(Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Maverick Digital Media Limited understands consumers’ concerns over the use of their personal information. We hope this information will relieve any concerns your company may have regarding our email policies. Maverick Digital Media Limited and its affiliated sites use only an “opt-in or opt out” method of obtaining customer information, and it is not our policy or desire to send unsolicited email. We obtain email addresses and personal information from third parties that follow the same set of policies. Maverick Digital Media Limited email messages sent always include information about the origin of the emails and instructions on how recipients can unsubscribe from receiving future email messages.
From time to time, Maverick Digital Media Limited will enter into an arrangement with a third party website to allow individuals to opt into our marketing program on those third party websites. In each case the third party websites have represented and warranted to us, among other things,
1. that the data was collected voluntarily from individuals on website registrations and co-registrations,
2. that the sellers have a right, under any applicable privacy statements, to transfer the data to us, and
3. that Maverick Digital Media Limited has the right to send marketing offers to the individuals.
We hope this information satisfies any questions or concerns you may have regarding the email practices of Maverick Digital Media Limited. If you have additional questions or wish to discuss this matter further, please contact us at: contactATmaverickdidgitalmediaDOTcoDOTuk (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)